Sunday, August 14, 2005

Ironic Travel

So on Saturday night I got on a plane to fly to Las Vegas where i would pick up my car for my trip back to school. As I said goodbye to the kids and my Sister, brother-in-law and parents i was sad to leave. But as I sat in the airport in Raleigh i was ready to move forward in a world without kids to look after (at least for a while). As I boarded the plane and scanned to row for my seat i saw irony in its fullest. There right next to my seat was a mother with a baby. Now i like kids as much as the next girl but the thought of a five our flight that spans from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. was not a pleasant thought on top of it all while i was trying to get comfortable there was no music coming out of the arm rest and our seats didn't lay back. :( luckily someone graciously offered the mother a different seat and i got a 6 foot 4 inches so me being a misily 5'2 had to make way for his massive limbs. So i spent most of the flight crammed against the window lucked out with one movie Kicking and Screaming which was pretty good especially when one's desperate for time to pass. Finally we pulled into Las Vegas. Just 30 more hours of driving between getting to a wedding in CA and up to Rexburg and i am done with traveling for a while.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So, I think I may have you beat...
When we flew to Raleigh for my wedding our flight was delayed out of Chicago...while we were on the runway. Jared and I were sitting together in the very back of the plane with 3 very loud, crude men kicking our chairs and yelling at eachother in Spanish. If you're going to yell in Spanish, at least be decent enough to not make it obvious you're talking about dirty things...Anyway, it was very sad. After being on the runway for 2 hours we finally took off. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep on that flight!