Saturday, August 13, 2005
Summer Coming to an end
So it's official i am leaving today to set out for school. It is the beginning of my senior year at college and i am so excited to be continuing my road toward my career. Yet this is the first summer that i have actually been sad at leaving. I am struggling with two emotions excitement for the road ahead of me and regret at the moments i'll miss here with my family. I have been a part-time second mom for my nephews and i have come to love them so much more. They are my little boys. I am going to miss them so much even on their bad days. :) My sister Chelsey and I have gotten closer that i am going to miss having her around to talk to. Who else can i justify ice cream runs with? Who else will watch the stupid reality shows that i love to criticize but get sucked into just as easily as the next person. But change must come summer must end and with it i leave to be in the big ol' world with nothing but myself to worry about. I realize after staying here all summer how much i want a family. I want someone to need me like these kids do. Well that is in the future and i am going to step forward and enjoy my single life while i still got it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I felt like that when I quit my nanny job at the end of last summer. What's funny is I hated that job a lot of the time, but I bawled when I left those kids... Don't worry though, they'll never forget your amazing summer! AND I know you have tons of adventures waiting for you in Rexburg =-) I love yoU!
Post a Comment